I get a lot of exercise here on the ranch (aka campground) between the dogs and the wildlife. I'm always looking for something and sometimes I'm lucky. I know the thistles are not welcome here(they are an invasive species) but they sure are beautiful when in bloom. The bees think so, too.
I love the mountain bluebirds that like to hang out here. They are tough to photograph as they move fast. One evening I was headed to the river and a family of bluebirds were proudly showing off their youngsters. The light was dim but I was determined to get a shot or two. This Mom and baby cooperated for one photo and that was it.
The Dad was moving fast but I finally caught him when he landed on the ground for just a second or two. The males are a beautiful blue and are very flashy. I often see the BLP (big lens people I call them), with their huge telephoto lens, sitting and waiting for a bird to land. I don't think I have the patience for that.
Mostly, I like moosin' in the morning. They are all around us in the mornings shortly after daybreak. I watch for them as soon as I awaken. I think this guy is saying, "You watchin' me?"...
..."Well, I'm watchin' you and you better move...now!"
So, I move and he lets me take this photo of him looking majestic in the morning light.
I was talking with my good friend, Mary, on the phone the other morning when this guy came trotting by. It's not easy taking a photo from inside our house while talking on the phone. I thought for a minute he was going to come in for coffee.
The morning moose create a bit of a stir and you never know what you will see. My friend, Phyllis, who is camped across from us, is in relentless pursuit of moose. She's out early and this morning there are two next to our rig. Got the shot?
She takes a break to warm up her hands and her husband, Noel, slips out of their rig to keep the camera clicking...in his bathrobe.
The next thing you know here comes our friend, Sandy, in her bathrobe (right in front of my camera)! You just never know what you're going to see when you moose around.
Mornin' moose.
These two young bulls were the ones by our rig this morning who were causing such a stir. They've been hanging together like high school buddies. We see them often.
I'm heading for the river...
...you comin'?
No comments:
Post a Comment