Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Deja vu! - Boys will be boys!




















Every now and then you get to go back and play in the past. After our stay at Manzano Mountains we headed to Sandy and Larry's in central NM. We met 37 years ago in MD. We met at one town in MD and then moved at the same time to another. They moved to Phx. and after we visited them we moved too. They moved to northern CA and we stayed put. They now find themselves in NM. Our kids grew up together for much of their childhood. It was a little strange to be having a dinner party with them in our RV sitting on their New Mexico farmette of 105 acres. As I always say, "Never say never". If you had asked us 37 years ago where we would be at this time in our lives we surely wouldn't have come up with this scenario.

Larry is the New Mexico Senior Olympic Table Tennis Champion in his age group which is the same as mine, which is very, very, young! In MD we often played table tennis. Great fun to pick up a paddle after 30 years. Larry was very kind which is a good thing or there never would have been a ball returned to him. We switched to badminton which is something I played with my Dad for years. I felt like I was 10 again.

Denver had a grand time running free for the first time this summer. She was fascinated with Josephine (aka Miss Piggy), Larry's pig who showed up one day as a lost wild baby pig at their home in CA. She knew a good thing when she found them! She's grown a bit since then but is still in love with Larry. I must admit I've been accused of serving pig slop on occasion but I've never had pig slop served to me. That pig had the same dinner we had - salad, spaghetti with fresh grated parmesan. There's a first for everything. I think Larry and Miss Piggy have grown to resemble each other. You know what they say about pets and their owners!

The gentleman who owned their property before them was required to put in a porta potty when he was building his house. He lived in his RV on the property which is why we will visit often as they have a full RV hookup at their house. He refused to put in said potty and instead built an "Outhouse" for fun. Boys will be boys.....there's always a photo op!

What a fun time we had - just like old times!

1 comment:

Jim S said...

Jane, how did that group picture get taken? I can clearly see the camera hanging around your neck.