Saturday, October 06, 2007

A Flatwater Fisherman is Born!


















After living in our closet for two years, and completing its western tour this year, Ron's "new" float tube finally hit the water. Look at his face....a flatwater fisherman is born! This was his inaugural float tube venture and he caught 8 fish in about an hour. He also said something about peace and quiet. Could that mean he can't hear me and that's a good thing???? I always liked to mow our property in MD on our tractor (about 6 hours a week in the spring) because I couldn't hear a thing. I think this must be part of the attraction of the float tube. I think I'll have to work some flatwater into next year's RV adventure.

We are close to home now (2 hours) at Woods Canyon Lake, east of Payson, AZ by about 30 miles. It's a beautiful little lake and we once again have a room with a view right on the lake. This is the last stop of our 2007 RV adventure. Must admit we're having a bit of a time talking ourselves into heading home. La La land is a great place to live! It's been a great summer out here in the land of "No Gottas"!

Kathy and George joined us here with their tent for a couple of days of camping and suffered through some cool, windy, sunny and cloudy days. They left this a.m. for home as the skies were gray and the winds were cold. Less than an hour after they left the sun appeared with not a cloud in the sky! That's the way it works. Orvis look out - George will be there soon looking for his float tube! Despite the cool temps we had a great time with them - some hiking, some fishing, some good wine! Let's do it again but next time don't bring that lousy weather!

1 comment:

Marla said...

Your third picture in this post is absolutely gorgeous.....such peace and serenity it portrays. That would make a great large photo! I am assuming you are back at Terravita now? When are we hiking? I am busy this week-end but anytime Saturday/Sunday after that would be great. Take care, Marla