It was difficult to leave the Tetons this morning but we both admit we've seen some beautiful scenery along the way. That helped soften the blow. We had decided to stop at Yuba Lake State Park just off I-15, a good ways south of Salt Lake City. It looked like that would get us almost half way home and our goal was to be in Flagstaff the next night. I must admit I had an image in my mind of "Yuba" Lake and it wasn't good. There was something about the name that somehow made me think we were going to be camping in the middle of nowhere (that wasn't too far from wrong) by some little non-descript lake. Like we've all heard at one time or another, never judge a book by its cover. We were stunned when we arrived. The views were magnificent over the lake.
There was a storm brewing on the other side of the lake and the colors were changing rapidly.
We were one of two rigs in the campground. Denver and Charley were in Doggie Ecstasy - grass - green, green, grass.
I think our most often spoken word that evening was "Wow". This must be a very popular place on weekends and weekdays during the summer. There's a sign that says it's rated as the 4th best walleye fishery in the nation. Did you hear that Dave? It would be a great place for family swimming and boating. I'm glad we were here this time of year and on this spectacular evening.
The storm threatened to rain on our parade but couldn't make it across the lake. The stars filled the sky from horizon to horizon. We'll be stopping here again beautiful Yuba Lake. PS. I think they need to change the name.
1 comment:
I agree that they need to change the name. Looks like you found a little piece of paradise for an evening. How lucky for you!
Post a Comment