
Denver here:
Yesterday was a tough day. I knew things were not going to go well when my Mom told me to get in that shower. I looked SOOOOO good in red - why did she want to make me white again? The dogs across the river never have to take a bath so why me? I think they were laughing at me. Mom kept saying how wonderful the bathroom is.
She says you can do everything from that toilet - wash your hair, shave your legs (not mine), wash the dog, brush your teeth, drink coffee, read a magazine, look at yourself in the closet mirror (bad image for some in this rig, but not me, Denver)- everything but cook dinner. She never liked to cook anyway so I guess she thinks she can live in the bathroom. People are really weird. Anyway from there things got worse.
I want to thank the "Blog Wizard" (that would be our friend Sharon) for putting in the link that shows you where we are. With that Jane at the wheel who knows where we'll end up and I now feel so much better that someone can find us. Yesterday was a perfect example of what can happen to two dogs and a mad woman at the wheel. While Dad was playing with his many mechanincal toys as that woman was driving we found ourselves in jeopardy of driving off some very tall mountains. I kept looking out the window as we climbed higher and higher. There were all these big white trunked trees with these quaking green leaves. Mom said something about being above 8500'. I prefer sea level myself. Up and up we went near Telluride and then we kept going north through Delta, CO and then the fun began. I thought the beautiful farm country (lots of fruit trees) would continue but no, those mountains loomed. It's a little spooky looking down those canyons as we climbed towards McClure Pass. Gave me the "heebie jeebies! That woman kept saying what fun the truck was to drive on the mountain roads. I seem to remember hearing that the men at the Ford dealership where she used to work called her "Mother Trucker" or something like that. Is that why she loves these mountain roads? I actually saw the sweat break out on her forehead as we descended from McClure pass on an 8% grade (I can read - poodles are smart you know). She used her Tow-Haul transmission mode plus put it in 1st gear and used the brakes and we made it down that 4 mile grade. That even got Dad's attention. Did you know there's no shoulders on those roads? But now that I know you can find us I don't have to worry as much about falling off the mountain into some unknown canyon.
Brea here:
Denver is such a weenie. As everyone knows I'm the solid citizen of this group. I told her to just lay down and sleep till her next meal but, no, she has to look at everything out that window. What a drama queen. We got here didn't we? And WOW what a cool place this is. Redstone National Forest Campground is BEEEEutiful! The Crystal River runs by here. Dad is getting his fly rod ready as I speak. He's taking a five minute walk to the fishing hole. We took a great hike through the woods full of those aspen trees to the town of Redstone for the people to have breakfast at a cute cafe. No treats for the doggies though. How can they call it a town if only 92 people live there? They even have a museum and a park - for 92 people?????? It's a beautiful day. Denver and I are lounging outside after our walk and enjoying the flowers, chipmunks, birds, blue sky and 80 degree weather. We stay outside all the time and Denver doesn't even bark at anybody. Don't hold your breath on that one though.
Jane here:
Jet is still speechless after yesterday's ride. I told her if she wants to come on this trip to keep me honest then she better get tough! We are so lucky to be here. We'll return to this place again. We hate to leave but tomorrow we will travel just an hour to camp along the Frying Pan River. Have to keep heading toward Cheyenne. I like having the internet satellite. It's great to be in touch. Hope all is well in the desert. Redstone is a tiny little town with lots of restored cottages. Mary and Ed Slomba will have to come this way to visit this museum. As I sit here the soft breeze is blowing, the aspen are quaking, the dogs are sleeping, and Ron has hiked off to go fishing. Life is Good!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment