Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Looking for a ghost writer


Jane here.
It's 10:30 P.M. Colorado time and, yes, I am about to blog as promised. Pressure, pressure, pressure! I never stay up this late so you can tell how stressed I must be over being a blogger.

JET here.
In case you're wondering I'm Jane's Evil Twin and I prefer to be called "Jet". Nice image, huh?...as in Jet Set/Jetting around....you get it, right? I came aboard this trip, much to Jane's chagrin, when I heard there was a blog involved. You want the truth and the whole truth don't you? Never trust a car salesman I say. I'm here to be sure she keeps to the facts and to stand up for Ron's side of things. I'm also an expert at GUILT (DNA on her mother's side of the family). I've been socking it to her all day as she's wandered the campground looking for a ghost writer. So, Jane, stop whining and blog.

Jane here:
Everyone celebrated the Frischs' leaving town. Neighborhood party, martini party, many needed gifts (see above) - do you think they wanted to be sure we actually left? Sunday, June 11, was the big day to leave on our RV adventure. After months of planning and smooth preparations we had a calm last few days at home and left ahead of time for our first adventure at a beautiful national forest campground called Bonito just north of Flagstaff near Sunset Crater.


Jet here:
There she goes! After total chaos for the last few weeks (I even heard Mary Clark describe her house as looking like a QVC addict lived there) they left 3 hours later than planned and headed south to the place where they keep their RV to add some fresh water. They made a U turn in the Safeway parking lot. Ron forgot he had a long enough hose to add water at home. The thing had been sitting there for two days and the light bulb didn't go off till they got on the road. I thought I was riding with Mr. and Mrs. Bickersmith. This is going to be a long trip.

Jane here:
Peggy, Scott and Ally joined us for our first night out. 4 quasi adults, 1 child, 2 dogs, 1 toilet, 27' of living space and we actually had a good time. And that's the truth!!! Don't ask Scott about his comfortable night's sleep. We were in shock at the dog's behavior. We'd expected them to be the terrors of the campground and even figured we'd be thrown out of a place or two but they were perfect angels and continue to be. Go figure!
The next morning we left for Monument Valley, as planned. What a beautiful place it is. Had a marvelous time.

Jet here:
Don't buy that one. Jane really screwed up on this one. Monument Valley was totally in the wrong direction from where they were headed. She'll never admit it. 44 miles out of the way so that the frilly poodle could wallow in the red dirt. I laughed every time they walked the dogs. They almost had to have a bath before they could go back into the RV. And boy did they walk the dogs. That poodle thinks the only place for toileting is her backyard. Takes some convincing that everyday is a new backyard! The next morning they headed out to retrace their tracks and took off with the electric step sticking out (just like the rest of the ditsy RVers) I pointed it out to them about 50 miles down the road. So embarrassing! They, or rather she, even drove off with the gas cap dangling. Does everyone do this?

Denver here: This is the best. Brea and I were black the first night from the volcanic rock. Beautiful but a little rough on our feet. Monument Valley was the cats meow. I kept us walking for hours in that red blowing dirt. I knew I would look just great in red and I do. When I sit I do my wiggle waggles and you can just imagine how great my beautiful white tail looks.

Jane here:
I really liked Monument Valley! However, I must admit that where we are sitting right now is absolutely fabulous. River, mountains, 82 degrees. The Dolores River is 15' from our door and is running clear. Campground here at Priest Gulch is beautiful. The dogs love lounging in the grass . Ron has dragged out the fly rod and is about to stalk trout. Happy hour starts at five. Spent our 42nd anniversary sitting around the fire sipping wine and a margarita for Jane. Doesn't get much better than this. Wish all our friends could join us. It's a different life out here. More really boring stuff coming your way again.

The campground has been dark since 8 when everyone goes to bed. Must sack out now. Jane

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, Jane, after all your whining about the pressure I'd added to your life by setting up this blog, I must say your first post was great! I'm happy Jet is along to relieve the pressure plus she gives us the real truth! :-)