Ally here: After a bit of a drive we arrived at Arches National Park in Moab, Utah. We just stopped in to pick up my Junior Ranger packet and then we went on to Canyonlands National Park which is just a few miles away. It's sort of like the Grand Canyon. It's the beginning of where the Colorado River runs through Utah. It's really different from Arches. Getting my Junior Ranger badge at Canyonlands was easy, not like Mesa Verde. I did it in just a couple of hours.
Grandma sat with the dogs under a nice pine tree along the canyon while Pop and I worked on my badge. That wasn't too bright Grandma. Denver was covered with pine sap when she got up. She looked pretty funny after Grandma cut all the sap off of her. Denver had a very bad "hair day".
The next day we went back to Arches and that's when the fun began. I worked on my Junior Ranger badge and then I got to go back to the Double Arches formation to climb those rocks.
Grandma had let me climb up pretty high in the morning but when Pop took me back in the afternoon he didn't want me to go too high.
I made friends with Cami, who works at one of the state parks in Utah, and she took me way up high to stand in one of the Arches. That was way cool!
Utah Rocks! That's what my T-shirt says and it does! It's fun to climb over all those rocks. No worries... Grandma taught me how to walk straight down a steep rock by keeping my feet pointed straight ahead and walking heel then toe. I can do it. You have to have hiking boots to be safe.
I'd say this was a good two days....two new Junior Ranger badges, lots of rocks to climb, and a new friend.
1 comment:
Hi Ally and support group,
It sure looks like you are having a wonderful time. I think next year Sandy and I will have to make the trip to Arches and Canyonlands. When we see you in July you will have to fill us in on your favorite places. Have a fun time in the Tetons.
Dave and Sandy
Post a Comment