Monday, June 15, 2009

Just like Pop (That is my Grandpa) 6-2-09


Ally here: Today we were on the road for seven hours. It was a long time but I slept a little and read a little and got to stretch my legs at Four Corners. We finally arrived at my first National Park of the trip, Mesa Verde National Park.


It's very beautiful here at the campground and I am counting all the deer that I see. I'm up to six already and I took some pictures. Tomorrow we're going to the cliff dwellings where people used to live 800 years ago. That's just a little older than Grandma.




I am just like my Pop. I saw the people in the next campsite lock themselves out of their motorhome. It was starting to get dark and they looked worried. I went over and asked them if they needed help and then I called "Pop" to the rescue. He couldn't get into it so Grandma helped too. She recognized one of the park employees and flagged them down and they brought two nice lady Rangers back with one of those things to break into cars. Best of all was that the people in the motorhome were from Germany and they were as old as Grandma and Pop and had never had a toasted marshmallow. Can you imagine that? I offered to cook them some and they loved them. We had a little party to celebrate that they now had their keys and they could get in their motorhome. Grandma said I learned one of the best things about RVing. You meet a lot of nice people from all over the world and that's part of the fun of traveling. All the RV people help each other. Yep, I'm just like my Pop. I like to help people.

No comments: