Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Sitting on the Blue!







As I try to catch up on the blogging today I'm watching Ron fish and the dogs nap in the shade. It's a great life here on the Blue River outside Silverthorne, CO. After we left Steamboat Springs we stopped here for a couple of days and then headed for Alison's where we had great fun, just a little wine, and wonderful dining as always. LuAnn soaked up the river sounds as this was her last stop on a river before heading home from Denver on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend. So now we're back here in the land of "No Gottas". We're watching the temps in AZ. It's a tough choice, CO rivers and 71 degrees or the beautiful desert at 100+. Friends tell us to stay north. I think we'll take their sage advice and hang out here a little longer. Miss our family and friends - we'll be home before you know it! (if the temps go down, down, down).

4 comments:

Jim S said...

You might want to wait a bit before returning to AZ. I'm sure you heard that we extended the record the other day to 31 for the number of days 110 and above. Right now (8:30pm) it's a rather chilly 97.

LazyDazeAZ said...

Hi Jim,

We've been watching that little heat wave you've had this summer. On the Blue this a.m. it's a chilly 51. If we were in AZ I'm sure we'd be whining but here it feels great! We're moving south again next week but VERY slowly!

Marla said...

I just spent a long time catching up on your blog....what a grand time you guys are having!! If I wish anything, it is that Mark and I in a few years enjoy life like you two. This is awesome! Love ya, Marla

LazyDazeAZ said...

Marla -
Great to hear from you. All you need to do this is a little "madness" and a sense of adventure. Hope you join us out here sometime. There's a lot to see in this gorgeous country!