Ally here:
Today will be another busy day. I'm trying to wear out Grandma and Pop and I may just succeed. With Nancy and Gil here there's lots of good cooking going on. Last night it looked like Thanksgiving dinner.
By the time we've eaten the last S'more at night we're all ready for bed. I call my Mom and Dad at night and I know they think I'm tired. Well, I am. There is no time for naps in our busy days. It's late to bed and early to rise. There's no grass growing under my Grandma's feet! I think maybe she needs to go back to kindergarten and learn how to take a nap.
I have just about finished my Junior Ranger badge workbook and I've learned that I can also earn a Junior Ranger patch with a moose on it if I do a Junior Ranger hike at Jenny Lake here in the Tetons. It may rain but I'm ready. The mountains are beautiful even in the rain. The storms roll through and you can see the clouds moving over the mountains.
When I arrived at Jenny Lake to join my hike I met Sydney and her younger sister, Jordan, from Texas.
Yep, you do meet really nice people when you go camping. It's fun.
Sydney was doing the Junior Ranger hike and by the time our hike was over we were....
...the best of friends.
We took our Junior Ranger pledge and...
...received our patches and badges and...
...had a little time to visit before we both had to leave. It was fun being with her and her sister. I hope I see them again someday. My Grandma says, "You just never know - it might happen."
No comments:
Post a Comment