Thursday, July 23, 2009

Let me tell you about my friend, Nancy 6-13-09


Ally here:

My Grandma has the "Best" friends. They are all so much fun. But, I must say I think Nancy is the Best of the Best! I love my Grandma, but when it comes to doing fun things like crafts she is a bit of a drag. She would rather ask me what is the state capital of Wyoming. That's easy - it's Cheyenne. She just will never sit still long enough to create something wonderful or make a batch of brownies. But.....my new friend, Nancy, loves to do all the things I like to do. I sure am glad she's my Grandma's friend. She has helped me make gifts for my friends and Mom and Dad and...


...the other day it was Elvis' birthday - no not that Elvis - the dog, Elvis. He was one year old so Nancy got out all the creative fun stuff like ribbon and paper and scissors and we made decorations for his party and a party hat for Elvis. Can you see my Grandma doing that? I don't think so.



He looked so cute in his hat...


...and I didn't look so bad either. Elvis, Denver, and Charley shared his birthday cake but the humans declined. Why was that?


Nancy finds time to help me make Brownies and they were yummy and...

...she even finds time to host a little party when Lisa and Steve (Lazy Daze friends)camped with us for a couple of days and my Dad's Aunt Sue and Paul stopped by on their way back east. Gil helped too. I think adult parties are a little boring, don't you? There weren't any games, just food and a whole lot of talk. Would you ever think you could get 9 people and 3 dogs in a Lazy Daze? I guess the party must go on even though it's raining. That's camping.



So, today is June 13th and it's my Grandma's and Pop's 45th Anniversary, and once again Nancy has helped me make this really cool gift. It has hearts for Grandma and fish for Pop. They are going to love it. 45 years - that's a long, long, time to live together. Is that why they call themselves Mr. and Mrs. Bickersmith?


Nancy, she's my very special friend!

No comments: