Ally here:
Grandma signed me up for the Wet, Wonderful, World class for 3rd and 4th graders at the Teton Science School. I think she wants to make me tough! We go out in our van everyday, rain or shine, and hike all around the rivers and streams learning about the animals and their habitat.
Here are some photos that I took of my friends from school.
These are some...
...wild and crazy...
...boys.
Merrill, from Florida, was one of my best friends for the week.
Our counselors were really nice.
They taught us lots of things including how to play our favorite game "Camoflage" where one person is the prey and the others are the predator. If you want to learn how to play just ask me and I'll teach you. It's a lot of fun.
Now look carefully. Which one of these serious students do you think let their backpack fall in the Snake River at Ox Bow Bend? No, I didn't do it. Our counselor had very cold feet after retrieving that pack.
At first I was pretty tired by the end of the day but by the end of the week I was a hiker for sure. I like poking around the waters and looking at all the wiggly things that live there. We even saw a bison carcass and I got to pet a swan. It was cool. Maybe I'll do this again sometime.
Pop, Grandma, and Nancy came to our celebration at the end of the week and...
...I introduced them to Merrill.
We taught them how to play "Camoflage". It was fun being with all the kids.
I had told Grandma and Pop about the red fox that lived around the school and as we were leaving the last day I spotted it. I really am a keen observer.
It was headed across the road in search of a meal and...
a tasty tidbit was found.
Off the fox went in search of another tasty morsel. Maybe I'll see it again sometime.
No comments:
Post a Comment