Monday, September 07, 2009

Another beautiful day, another beautiful hike 9-1-09


Sandy and Bill will be heading home tomorrow so today we hiked to Taggart Lake. It's a nice stroll in the park. It's not long so it's enjoyable for folks who don't hike regularly. It's also a great hike for dedicated hikers as there are other connecting trails to explore for miles of hiking. The beginning of the hike takes you through a stand of young aspen and then you come to open meadow.


The views of the Tetons are spectacular from this point. Ally, Ron, Gil, and Nancy had hiked here in June when the clouds were heavy and the days cool. What a difference today - bright sunny skies with an occasional big puffy cloud. This is a beautiful time to be in the Tetons.



There is still evidence of the fire that swept through this area over 20 years ago.




The fires are devastating at first but look at the magnificent views that are opened before us as new growth develops.




I will always have photos of Taggart Lake on this blog. Everytime I see Taggart my camera can't help but click.




It's a great place to just sit and enjoy the moment.


This beautiful butterfly kept posing for us so we had no choice but to take a photo. Then it flew away. It just wanted to be a star.


Now that Sandy and Bill have returned home it's time to put a few miles on my bike. I'm headed off to ride the new multipurpose trail from Moose Junction to Jenny Lake - a 16+ mile round trip of incredible beauty. It's great to have a place to ride without worrying about the traffic. All I have to worry about is that 1/2 mile hill at the beginning of the ride. It's tough getting back in shape. Don't laugh at those white legs - they would make any dermatologist proud!


I have the strange feeling that this may be the end of the blog for this summer. We'll be here in the Tetons for a bit and will just be soaking up the beauty, enjoying the early fall weather, chasing trout, riding the bike, and photographing those incredible moose. We'll be heading for AZ before long and it will be good to be home again but within a month we'll be itching to get on the road. It's some kind of disease I think. I hope they don't find a cure. It's been another fun summer with our travels with Ally, Gil, and Nancy and our visits with Sandy and Dave and Sandy and Bill. We're so lucky to be able to be out here enjoying each day to the max!

No comments: