That's a famous quote from our friend Nancy! We arrived back in Grand Teton National Park, our home away from home, to join Gil and Nancy for a few more days of fun before they return to Las Vegas at the end of this week. Yummy peach and blueberry pancakes...now you see them...
...now you don't.
Charley awakened us one morning at daybreak with a lot of barking. We were just a bit out of it so we kept telling him to "Quiet" and go back to sleep. He didn't and that's not unusual. Finally I got one eye open and saw that he was looking out our back window while continuing to bark vigorously. I mumbled to Ron that there must be a moose back in the cottonwoods so we both got up on our elbows to look out. There, 5" from Ron's nose, on the other side of the window glass were "moose lips" and a big bull moose head and antlers to go with those lips. We laughed and fell back asleep and the moose wandered away. After breakfast the light on our back window showed some very suspicious signs....we walked over to check it out. This is one time it was good that we hadn't cleaned that window.
Those moose lips were on the glass and the evidence was there for all to see. Moose lips may sink ships but not RVs!
I've been on a quest since then to track down the culprit who took a fancy to our rig. He was a big one. That much we know. Could it be these lips? This bull said he was shocked that I would think he would do such a thing.
"Hey buddy, come back, I just want a good look at those lips."
Now there's a nice set of lips but I think he's a bit small.
This guy is a bit suspicious and he's been caught sleeping behind our rig. Hmmm! Don't you think he looks a bit shifty?
"I'm not accusing you of a thing...nice moosey...I'm outta here!"
I think I want it to be this guy...he's so big and handsome. The quest continues.
No comments:
Post a Comment