Nancy and Gil will be heading for home in Las Vegas in a couple of days so we planned to hike to Hidden Falls and Inspiration Point today. Sometimes you just have to be flexibile. When we arrived at the parking area it was busy and lots of little cars had taken the RV parking spots. Grrrr! One more week and the tourist season will be winding down. Yea! We no longer consider ourselves tourists. We decided to head to String Lake to see what was happening there. It turned out to be a great day for a picnic.
My friend, LuAnn, and I had seen a Western Tanager when we were camped on the Salmon River in Idaho two years ago. It was beautiful and we looked everywhere we went for another one, never to find one again. What a treat to have one land beside us and join our picnic today. We're not sharing food though. Seems to me we ate chocolate covered critters a few years ago while in high school. No more!
How can they be so illusive with all their vibrant color?
String Lake is a beautiful alpine lake and since it is a bit more shallow than some of the others it lends itself to swimming for hardy souls. It's just a bit warmer than some of the other lakes. There was a woman swimming the length of the lake with her partner canoeing alongside. I think he had the right idea.
I found this information on Meadow formation to be very interesting. I guess I'd never given any thought to the process. You'll have to click on it to blow it up to a readable size.
No comments:
Post a Comment