Sunday, July 15, 2012

6-11-2012 Ally speaking. Anybody listening?


Finally, we had a little bit of lousy weather this past weekend.  Thank goodness.  I need a break!  Actually, Grandma needs a break.  I’ve been trying to keep things nice and slow for Grandma.  She’s not as young as she thinks she is.  I take lots of breaks when we’re hiking and I try not to go too fast when we’re biking.  I have to keep her around.  I’ve told them I plan on spending every summer with them.  Every day is some kind of adventure.  She’s the driver of my summer home!
The sun is back this morning and she’s ready to go.  She says we’ll have an easy day because tonight we have our first 3 hour roll clinic.  I’m not sure what we’re going to be doing tonight but when Grandma says we have to take it easy today I get nervous.  Pop is going to Jackson to run some errands this morning (he likes having the Subaru, too).  Grandma and I are going to ride our bikes on the road from the campground (4 miles) to the main road to Jackson where we’ll pick up the bike path into town.  It’s got a big downhill as you approach town.  This will be a piece of cake, an easy 10 miles.  Grandma gets to ride her bike back to camp while Pop and I spend a morning on the town.  Cool.  When we’re together we find all the stuff Grandma doesn’t want us to eat.  We pig out!  I can talk Pop into anything!
Whoa!  Are we going to ride through the bison herd ahead or are we turning around?
Grandma says we have to go back and get Pop to drive us through the herd.  She’s not taking any chances with the mamas and their babies.
Now, we’re on our way.  Thanks for the ride, Pop. 
It looks like he’s caught in a bison jam.  Just be patient, Pop.

No comments: