


Jane here:
Lu Ann has arrived and in her honor and with much pressure from JET I booked us into one of those private campgrounds so that she wouldn't have to be faced with the challenges of dry camping until she passed her class in RVing 101. Do you believe that I actually paid extra for one of the premium campsites on the "creek"? Now we've been camping on some creeks lately and when we saw this it sure didn't look like any creek we'd ever seen in Montana. Is that why I had to pay extra for it? If you double click and then enlarge it again you might be able to see the water running in it. Ron threatened to put on his waders and go fishing in it. I was worried he might fall in again and end up downstream so he wisely refrained from his fishing venture.
Lu Ann is a quick learner. She has not fallen from her bed and she climbs up to bed with all the grace you can imagine. She's mastered water use 101 and other things. She and Ron sit at the table and chat and eat while I drive with Brea as my co-pilot. The dogs have now taken over the front of the vehicle. I don't think this is the way it was supposed to be. Lu is up to her usual information gathering with anyone she meets. We stopped to enjoy the view of Flathead Lake near Kalispell,MT and within five minutes she had the life history of this entire motorcycle group. Now that's a big surprise to anyone who knows her.
JET here:
I just received this lovely note from one of Lu's good friends and a former neighbor of Jane's in MD. She understands my situation here. She says, " So sorry to hear about the confusion between the pork tenderloin and a rotten zucchini. Thought maybe you could slip this into Jane's cupboard when you get a chance and hopefully there will be new dishes to try that won't come from the trash." Best of all she sent a book on RV Cooking. How wonderful. I am so hopeful that this will inspire her to do something about her cooking. Thank you Carol, Thank you!
Jane here: Actually that cookbook is great and I'm trying to inspire Ron to take up cooking. BANG! Whoops, Lu Ann's grade in RVing 101 just dropped. She just banged her head on the roof of the RV getting into bed. More practice is needed!
10 comments:
Jane,
Just now caught up on all your blogging for the past month. It is fascinating reading and you do a wonderful job!! From your pics the places you are staying are gorgeous. Makes me want to go down the canyon again sometime...Have a great time and tell Ron hello. Marla
Jane, be sure to say hello to Lu Ann for Lynn and me. It's hard to believe that more than two years have passed since we met her on the Colorado River raft trip!
Jet and Jane -- You are most welcome! Hope that the book provides inspiration and good dishes. Best of all it fits into very tiny spaces -- unlike a lot of cookbooks. Thanks so much for allowing those of us who remain at home to "travel with you" through this wonderful site. Kudos to you both and to your friend who helped you set this whole thing up on the web.
Give my love and best wishes to Lu. Trust she has passed RV101 and moved on to RV201!
Hi LuAnn and Friends,
I had to call Kathy to find out how to send this. We shall see if I make it. Sounds like you are having fun. Have my new car and really like it. I think it will be fun for us this winter. Take care.
Love,
Carolyn
Jane, I thought by now you would have a picture of a big fish that you caught in that huge wide creek behind your rig. You wouldn't even need to use a hook and line. Just put a net down in the water and wait for a fish to swim into it!
Jet -- you haven't let her drive yet, have you? Good gravy...
Hi Ron and Jane!
I've just caught up on your wonderful writing after being out of the state for almost a month. Arne is still in Illinois. I am planning to go back to Los Alamos the end of August to help Erik move into his "new" home. You two look like you're keeping fit. I'm wondering if you'll be back here in September. :-)
Jane, as soon as Lu Ann completes RV 101 you need to get her started on Blogging 101.
Are you still there? I just clicked the "Check Our Location" link and got the following response: "DatastormUsers.com member Castawaze has not updated their location in more than 10 days and has dropped off the maps."
I never thought I could enjoy someone elses retirement as much as yours Ron and Jane.
Annabel at Moto
Post a Comment