Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Senior Living




Jane here:

Here is a fine example of what's available to you in Senior Living for only $6 a night. No water, no electric, just a vault (outhouse) toilet or two, which by the way are amazingly clean. I am fascinated by outhouse engineering. It's come a long way baby as they say. The ones in the National Forests and Parks never seem to have any odor. Amazing! How do they do that?

These photos are for Steve......a little deja vu for you! Ron is off fishing. Big surprise there. As I sit here blogging away (never was any good at daytime naps) I'm looking down on beautiful Slough Creek and thinking how lucky we are to be here. The beauty of Yellowstone has to be seen and really can't be described in words - at least not by one of limited vocabulary. That would be me. I am glad we'll be coming back here the first of September to stay for another 10 days. We'll do some touring photo op stuff then as Lu Ann has never seen Yellowstone. Love Yellowstone in the fall. For now we're just enjoying the spot we're in for a few days. Ahhhhh! Senior Living at its best.

Jet here:

Do you believe the way they live? No amenities! They've been staying in the National Forests and Parks for weeks in a row now. I keep talking about those nice private campgrounds. They're even using that outhouse! They say it keeps their tanks from filling up so they can stay here longer without leaving. Oh, good grief! I'm stuck here till Sunday. Next week I hear we're going to stay at one of those fashionable KOA campgrounds in Bozeman, MT when they pick up Lu Ann. I'll be lounging by the pool while they do a gazillion chores. We haven't been in a real city for weeks so they have to get the oil changed on the gas guzzler, go to Costco, Home Depot, Petsmart, the vet for that high falootin' dog's special food, and pick up Lu Ann. I hope they're busy all the time so I can get a break. Then they're headed for the boonies again. The campground they are headed to in Glacier National Park is closed due to the fire up there. So why are they going there? I don't believe that campground, at St. Mary, MT will be open when they get there the second week in August even though they've been told it will be. We could just go home. After two days in that smoke filled park they're headed to Alberta, Canada and more National Parks. It's August. Aren't they supposed to run out of gas money and go home now?

No comments: