You bet! I got my license and joined Ron on the Salmon River. It's been great fun and I've finally learned to put my own flies on the line and get the hook out of the fish's mouth so it can swim free again. That's progress! With only fishing one day a year I could never remember how to do things. My license will allow me to fish the entire time we're in ID so maybe I might remember next year. (not likely) I've had lots of dumb beginner's luck so the fishing has been fun. We love this area and the little (and I mean little) town of Stanley. The locals told us about the Elk Mountain Cafe so we ventured out for a great meal the other night. It was like being at "Lu and Joes" in Mt. Airy. Remember that Scott and Alison? Everyone knew everyone else. It was prime rib night for $13 and the town showed up. If you're ever in Stanley, stop by.
JET here: That Lu Ann got so excited about the fact that the cafe offered FREE coffee, iced tea, hot chocolate, any kind of hot tea you could want that she drank about two gallons of the stuff before the prime rib was ready and then she was so full of FREE stuff she couldn't half finish what she had PAID for. How smart is that????
1 comment:
Two big smiles and perfectly parallel fishing poles. Life looks good!
Jane, in case you've noticed a few comments I've made this afternoon, you'll know that we are home from Africa. Great trip! Now it's back to work on Lynn's 2100+ photos plus my 600. She has a better zoom on her camera, so whenever I saw her taking a photo of an animal or a bird, I didn't bother.
Sounds (and looks) like you're having a fabulous summer on the road!
Post a Comment