We finally did it. We finally had Snake River Cutthroat dinner courtesy of Ron and his fishing rod. We have a neighboring camper who has fished these waters for years who told Ron he could show him how to prepare the fish for cooking so that there would be absolutely no fishy taste whatsoever. I, of course, totally doubted this could be done; however, once again I was wrong. It was delicious! That will probably be our last trout dinner as Ron is dedicated to “catch and release” so there’s always lots of fish in the river and I’m dedicated to “catch and release” so I don’t have to eat the pretty little fish. There was a huge thunderstorm right as we finished eating that created rock slides on the road at either end of this canyon. They were cleared sometime during the night. I’m sure that was a sign that we’d best leave those fish in the water!
Saturday, August 18, 2007
The first and the last.....
We finally did it. We finally had Snake River Cutthroat dinner courtesy of Ron and his fishing rod. We have a neighboring camper who has fished these waters for years who told Ron he could show him how to prepare the fish for cooking so that there would be absolutely no fishy taste whatsoever. I, of course, totally doubted this could be done; however, once again I was wrong. It was delicious! That will probably be our last trout dinner as Ron is dedicated to “catch and release” so there’s always lots of fish in the river and I’m dedicated to “catch and release” so I don’t have to eat the pretty little fish. There was a huge thunderstorm right as we finished eating that created rock slides on the road at either end of this canyon. They were cleared sometime during the night. I’m sure that was a sign that we’d best leave those fish in the water!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That fish dinner really does look good! More exciting than the Costco lasagna that we're about to pop into the microwave. Jane, are you going to share the fish cooking secret? Lynn has always said that she likes fish as long as it doesn't taste like fish.
It helps to roll it in pancake flour and crushed almonds. Truly was yummy! Here's to Catch and Release!
Post a Comment