Here we are again this year on the Hoback River south of Jackson, WY. As we came through the canyon and could see the snow covered mountains nearby we felt like we were coming back to where we belong (summer only - a little too chilly in the winter). Last August, when we were here, the river was clear and was a beautiful river to wade. This year it's a slightly raging torrent due to the huge runoff that we've seen throughout the Rockies. Last year the campground was sage covered as it is this year, but this year there is an amazing carpet of wildflowers. We feel like we're camped in a garden. The first photo you see Ron shot through our kitchen window. That's what surrounds us.
I've just about given up trying to identify wildflowers. It is not as easy as you may think. There is this strange looking upside down pencil of a plant that is covered with tiny delicate flowers tinged with purple. The plant itself is not attractive but the flower is gorgeous. Here's a sample of what we're seeing:
2 comments:
Great flower pictures, Jane! Don't worry about not being able to identify them. I have no idea what they are but can enjoy the beauty of the shapes and colors anyway.
That's what I've learned to do. I am fascinated by the variety and beauty of them. This has been an amazing wildflower year from AZ to CO to WY. All that water helps.
Post a Comment