As I walk north from the campground to the main road and look to my left I see the storm clouds building over the mountains.
One of the big bison herds in Grand Teton NP likes to hang out in this part of the park. Whenever we drive out of the campground and turn left to head to Jackson we always see them grazing away. I think they like the scenery too.
It's hard to believe it's August and there is still snow on the mountains.
Looking straight ahead as I walk north I see these beautiful rolling hills...
and slightly to the right of the hills I look across sagebrush flats to mountains in the distance. That's the road to Kelly. There's a little cafe there and a post office. That's all. This is fabulous bike riding country. Ron is busy planning how to add two bikes to the float tube/bike rack for next year.
I hear some rumbling up there in those clouds. I'm heading home before the flashing starts.
Think it will really rain?
You bet!
No comments:
Post a Comment