Thursday, September 25, 2008

9-25 Girls.....listen up!



It's Denver here and I'm telling you the Fall Fashion Show here at Sugarite Canyon State Park in New Mexico is really something. I change my earring daily to match my outfit. So many colors here to choose from. Don't I look mahvelous darling?????? I'm awaiting your compliments!



My Mom loves high places and curvy roads so up we came to this mesa overlooking the canyon. Sure fooled me. We were on I-25 near Raton, NM and I thought, oh no, not another green forest. I need color in my life.


Well you can't see the color until you come into this canyon. I was so excited to see it I didn't even mind the ride to the top.

We're just hanging here for a week. I mean hanging! My Mom says let's hang here for a bit and my Dad, always rigorous and exacting (Mom calls it something else???), said, "O.K we'll hang". Makes me a little nervous though. I thought wheels were supposed to be on the ground. I wish she wouldn't use those slang terms. Charley, that crazy puppy, thinks this rocks!

See this chair. This is where Mom and I have coffee each morning. Sure was nice of this park to build this little patio for us. I like it here.


Charley hasn't figured out how to get in Mom's lap yet. It's a good thing because her lap is mine and mine alone. I don't share.

The views down the canyon are mighty nice. Mom and Dad keep saying that it reminds them of Fall in the east. I guess I'll never see Fall there because they signed some kind of paper when they bought this rig that says they can't cross the Mississippi River. Do you think that's the truth???

There's no privacy in this rig at night. We can't pull the shades because they want to wake up and look out the windows at the views behind us when the sun rises. That's a little early for me.

Well, I guess I don't really mind getting up with the sun. Look at all those earrings for sale out there. I'm going shopping!

I'm glad Charley doesn't like to shop or he'd be tagging along with me. Instead he'll just do the boy stuff like hiking with Dad....



....or maybe bark at this Mule Deer as he did last night....


....or chase these turkeys as he did this morning.

Must go now. Color your life girls!

P.S. a message to my friend, Nancy:
Get back on board soon. We miss you. There's places to go and things to be seen. Hugs from Denver and Charley and the gang.

1 comment:

Marla said...

Another glorious set of photos, Jane! See you soon! Marla