Thursday, September 13, 2012

7-23-2012 Dreams do come true. I know it!



Ally here:  We told Dad we’d be up and out early every day.  He thought he was going on vacation and would be sleeping till 10!  We don’t do that at boot camp!  Surprise!

It’s Dad’s first morning with us and we’re doing something I’ve wanted to do for a long time.  I’ve watched the rafts cruise by our campground and I’ve dreamed of being on one of them.  Now I am.  (Grandma says I have to let you know that she took the first and last two photos on this blog but the others came from a disk Dad bought from the raft company at the end of our trip.)  Grandma took this first photo as we calmly cruised by Moose Creek Flat campground.  The best is yet to come...ride along. 
I always like to be up front on any adventure.  I may have a little of the family crazy gene.  There was a sticky sign for our RV at the shop where we signed in this morning.  It says, "My dream vacation is your worst nightmare."  We need that.  I think Dad is going to be doing a little work this morning.
Watch out...here it comes!
Oh, that water is cold!
Dig Dad, Dig!
Wow!
Here it comes again!
This is the best!
We celebrate the end of a big run, whitewater style...
...and head on down the river.
That night we went to Big Sky, a few miles away, to visit one of Grandma and Pop’s favorite pizza places.  We were gone for just a short time and when we got back the campground host told us a bear had walked through our campsite.  I bet Charley and Denver were telling it a thing or two.  The host sent us a couple quick photos he shot with his phone.  We think, with his dished face, he might be a grizzly.
 We were sorry we’d missed him.  Yes, we are nuts. I told you we needed that sign for the RV.

No comments: