Thursday, September 13, 2012

8-8-2012 Kayaking déjà vu!



A few days after Scott and Ally returned home, our neighbors from home came to visit and camp on our back forty for three nights.
These are hardy folks.  Steve said Nancy really wanted to tent camp again.  I wonder how she’ll feel about this after three nights on the air mattress that fills the tent.  We can provide showers and all the amenities.  I think Steve is thinking a bright, shiny, new tin twinkie (aka Airstream trailer) would be really nice.  I’m thinking he may win her over to that idea pretty soon.
We took them kayaking on Coulter Bay.  Somehow I had this feeling that they might be just like us in a tandem.  Right on!  If I could have played a tape of us in a tandem and them in a tandem it would be word for word.  I showed them the blog I wrote about our first “divorce maker” event last year and they laughed till the tears flowed.  I just knew it!!!  I think we’ll call them the Bickerlongs.
There’s no stress when there’s no paddling going on.  At this point Ron was sitting in a pool of water in the back seat of our rental tandem.  That’s not a good thing.  Did I mention “cold” water?



Looking good..



...but only for a moment.




Now that’s better.
Don’t even think about getting a tandem!  We had a grand morning despite the stress of the “divorce maker”.
Ron took Steve to Blacktail Ponds for a little spring creek type fishing .  The creek runs into the Snake River. 


The quest for the illusive fish. 
The fires burning in Idaho are sending smoke over the Tetons.  It can make for some unusual skies.  Fires and the west...they seem to go together this time of year.
We really had fun with Nancy and Steve.  We see an Airstream, two kayaks, fishing gear (Steve has that), and a lot of fun ahead for them.  We can just sense it.  Sometimes you know!

No comments: