Thursday, September 13, 2012

8-1-2012 A short 7 miles



It’s a hiking day today so we’ve come to Phelps Lake.  Linda has joined Scott, Ally, and me for a short 7 mile hike around the lake.  Scott and Ally are setting a mean pace so I’m not taking many photos.  We call this the “Wow” spot because that is what most folks say when they get here.
We’ve climbed on top of our dining out rock.  Scott is just a bit nervous about standing so close to the edge.  It’s a long drop to the water.
Ally, on the other hand, loves sitting with her legs dangling over the edge.  We always stop here for a bit.
Hiker girl!
Near the end of our loop around the lake we encountered some hikers who had just seen a black bear.  I gave Scott the bear spray since he was leading.  I wonder what he would have done if he’d seen the bear?  I don’t think Ally would have let him turn around and run.  She’d make him stand his ground.  She’s tough!  He likes hiking so if he has hiking boots next time he comes we’ll take him on some of our big hikes.
After dinner Ron and Scott took off for the river along our campground for some evening fun.  You have to pick the perfect fly to catch those fish.
Another beautiful evening on the river.
Where are those fish?
Ron must think they’re hiding in that pile of sticks!

No comments: