Thursday, September 13, 2012

7-30-2012 Some things never change!



Another early morning and we were off to Coulter Bay on Jackson Lake to kayak.  We were going to bring our kayaks but decided we’d rent a couple of tandems just for fun.  Did I say fun?  When we arrived at the marina I asked for a couple of “divorce makers”.  The gal behind the desk laughed and told me that there had been two couples who came in last year who called themselves the Bickersmiths and the Bickerbergs and that they had asked for the “divorce maker” also.  She said the folks there had been laughing about those couples all year.  I then introduced myself as Mrs. Bickersmith and they howled.   They said they were so glad that we came back and they asked if we actually bought solo kayaks.  They were glad we did.  So are we.  They wanted to know if the Bickerbergs were coming and we told them that they were, but that we weren’t sure how long they’d be with us.  One of these days the Bickerbergs will have to join us here again. 
We headed out in the bay and Ally had the camera.  Ron and I thought that with all our kayaking this summer we would actually be able to function as a team. 
   

Some things never change, as you can see.

We can do it if we really try to pose but that’s about it.  We always fall apart!

Scott and Ally really did work well together.  That surprised me.  I think this is a good team building exercise... not to mention it’s good for your core!

Off they go. We slowly fall behind because we’re never in sync.

They’ve got the right idea.  Just sit and chill for a bit.  There’s nothing better.



Okay, what has she found now?


Lovely...a dragonfly eating a fly!



Having fun yet?  You bet!
They’re cruising around the island back to the marina.  Another great morning and Ron and I survived the “divorce maker”!
All this good fun has taken its toll.  Boot camp recovery time!

No comments: