Thursday, September 13, 2012

7-4-2012 In your face, baby!



I have been trying to ignore my birthday for some time now.  It seems I’m getting older and although I’m glad that is the case, versus the alternative, I choose to think I’m still 39 or so.  The last few years Ally has been with us or our friends, Nancy and Gil, have been with us.  They are big on celebrating such occasions so I’ve been subjected to a party or two.  This year Ally was in Minnesota and we were on our own quietly residing on the Gallatin River in Montana awaiting her return.  Ahhhh, no birthday celebration this year other than a late morning wake-up call and a good cup of coffee.  Perfect!   I was enjoying that first sip of coffee when I looked up at our clock only to see....

In your face, baby!  Some things you just can’t escape but I’ll keep trying.

No comments: