

Jane here:
I know you've been waiting for this. Aren't you excited? I did it! I did it! I caught that fish all by myself but I must admit I had a little advice from Ronald the fish guru. That fish (a rainbow) was very pretty and swam away strong and fast after the photo op. I love the release part of catch and release. Mine was the size Ron's been thinking about keeping to eat. No way Jose! Not MY fish. Ron didn't even bring the camera to the river. I'm pretty sure he didn't think I was going to catch anything. So he had to run back, get the camera and become the Fotographer to the Fish. Fooled him! Ron was having so much fun I just had to join him so we drove to Wapiti and got a fishing license for me yesterday. I'm going to fish tomorrow morning too. This is exciting. That water is a little chilly and there are lots of big rocks to walk over and try to remain upright. I'm glad they don't grade on grace!
On the Hell's Angels weekend in Cody.....a state trooper told us that this is their annual world wide as he put it "business" meeting. I think he meant monkey business and that's why the law enforcement has been so heavy. He said they were coming from all over the world. Oh well, the real excitement is right here on the Shoshone River!
We're heading to Yellowstone on Monday and are hoping to slip into a spot on Slough Creek for......you guessed it, more fishing!
Hope it's cooling off in the desert.
Jet here:
She is driving me crazy with this "I caught a fish" stuff. Give me a break. You would have thought she won the lottery. And those poor dogs. Left them in the air conditioned RV for 2 hours. They didn't bark but there sure was a lot of discussion going on about how to drive that thing.
Fish tomorrow morning? Sure, if you can get her out of bed at a decent hour. There's no structure to their lives.
More fishing. Puleeze!
1 comment:
What a huge fish, Jane! Congratulations! Did Ron take along enough extra gear for you to use, or did you have to borrow his?
Post a Comment