Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Sharon and Jet are in trouble!



Jane here:

I see that our site has been compromised by an intruder who has taken over Jet's identity. They're both in trouble for letting the cat out of the bag. There's no respect for official senior status. Actually I've been looking forward to this day for a while. It means I can now go to the National Park entrance station and get my Golden Age Pass that allows me to get into all the National Parks for free and to camp for half price at any National Park or Forest. We've been traveling on Ron's card for several years (he's really old!) and now I'll have my own. That's a great birthday present. It seems really appropriate to be in a National Park on the 4th of July. What a great country! Life is good! Off to celebrate with a nice hike through the woods. Yikes, 62!

2 comments:

Jim S said...

Jane, congratulations on reaching the fine old age of 62. I can almost remember achieving that milestone myself. When you mentioned your Golden Age Passport, I started looking for mine (which is a bit old and worn). I can't find it anywhere, even though it's supposed to be in a part of my wallet where I always keep it. The bad news is that the National Parks website says it can't be replaced if lost or stolen. The good news is that it costs only ten bucks, so guess I'll be buying a replacement the next time we go to one of the parks or monuments where they are sold.

Jim S said...

News Flash: Golden Age Passport found! It was in my wallet right where it's supposed to be. Stuck to the front of it was a "Best Things in Life" card from the Good Egg (one of those things that you get stamped five times and then get a free breakfast on the sixth visit).