Today is the 4th of July, a great day to celebrate this wonderful country's birthday and a great day to spend a birthday on the beach. Somehow I've had another 39th birthday today which is really strange because Scott just had one on the 2nd. Funny how that works. It's been fun hearing from family and friends. Ally sang "Happy Birthday" on the blog and I thought I heard Peg and Scott in the background. Then I heard another rendition from Alison, Steve and Cody. Denver, Brea and I enjoyed the e-cards. Those retrievers really got Denver's attention.
Alison had given me a card to take with me when we left home in May to only be opened on my birthday. What a perfect card and what great timing. It says, "Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away." And Alison, I did have a breathtakingly beautiful evening on Harris Beach in Brookings, OR, our first stop on our tour of the Oregon coast. The photos will help remind me of this day.
2 comments:
Great sunset pictures, Jane! Sounds like you had a wonderful Fourth. We were up at the cabin all week and went to see the spectacular fireworks show in the big metropolis of Winslow.
Happy Belated birthday, chica. I watched fireworks from my front porch, saw 10 different shows, and could even hear some noise!
The Oregon coast is just beautiful...I loved Florence, Oregon, a lot. The redwoods gave me that same Jurassic Park feeling.
I'm in SoCal, doing real estate school and sewing school, saw a padres/braves baseball game...life is great! I go home to reality and 115 tomorrow. You are SOOOO smart...\
Have fun for me, too......
A
Post a Comment