Thursday, June 12, 2008

Charley, the magnificent! 6-6-08

 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

Denver here typing for Charley: In April my Mom and her friend Vicki took us hiking in the Spur Creek area and “Winnie”, the Westy, and I discovered just how much we love water. Well, little did my Mom know just how much I love the water until she let me go while Dad was fishing at Vallecito Lake. I had been eyeing all those swallows, gulls, ducks and other fine feathered friends frolicking in the lake but I was trying to keep my cool so Mom would think I would be a good boy if she let me go. Fooled her! She set me free and I ran for an hour. There wasn’t a bird in sight after I showed them my stuff. The good thing is I didn’t scare that trout off Dad’s line. I’m a magnificent bird retriever! I sure hope I get to do this again someday.

No comments: