Thursday, June 12, 2008

What about me? 6-1-08

 
 
Posted by Picasa


Denver here: This is a pain having an 11 month old puppy on board. I know what I’m doing on these RV Adventures but he knows absolutely nothing. He can’t even spell or type a blog on his own, not to mention all the other things he can’t do. He’s sitting here whining, “What about me?”……… so I’ll just have to type this for him until he gets a little smarter.

Hey guys, it’s me, Charley. I’m the new guy on the block. They named me after that poodle that traveled with Steinbeck in his truck camper. So who’s Steinbeck? There’s some book “Travels with Charley” and they think that’s why I should be Charley. They call me “Chuck” for short. Actually, they called me “Up Chuck”, for short, for a while because I couldn’t hold my cookies when they put me in the car. Now sometimes it’s just “Chuck” since my tummy is much better and I’ve made it up the hill to Flagstaff without one of those embarrassing moments. It’s not easy being a puppy, you know. My Dad is trying to explain to me what this thing called an RV Adventure is all about. So far I miss my real sister, Cozy, and her Hannah, but I like all the new smells and exciting places to explore. It’s a little scary being in a strange place at night. We don’t have a dog door here so they have to walk us in the dark before we go to bed. I won’t go unless I have my watchdog sister, Denver, with me. I hear tell there’s bears in them thar woods. Denver will let out one of her wild howls and we’ll all be safe. She practices that howl when we’re home to scare the neighbors just for fun. I bet they don’t like that but I sure feel better that she’s so good at it.

Dad tells me in about a week we’re going to meet up with my very good friends, Gil and Nancy. Actually I love Gil and he loves me. I haven’t seen him since April. I hope he remembers me.

I’m practicing my spelling and soon you’ll here from me again. I bet my best buddy, Ally, would help me with my spelling if she were here. She’s very smart! She has a new puppy, Lily, a bichon. I hope she still loves me too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too funny!!! Can't wait for the up coming trilogy!! It should be a block buster!! Love you!!!