Life is exciting here on the Rio Grande. My barrista, Gil, showed up at the appointed time with my latte, as he does every morning, and then we all had a blind taste test of Irish Steel Cut Oatmeal. Trader Joe's vs. McCann's - the consensus, buy the least expensive - we couldn't tell the difference. When we stayed with our friends at Vallecito Lake, Fred told us about how good peanut butter is in oatmeal so added to this morning's taste testing - peanut butter. Consensus - YUM! Every day is an adventure. We discovered an amazing fact today. We both carry "Grits" - how likely is it that 3 of the 5,000 Americans who love grits would travel together? It's a small world. I wonder if they like fruitcake too.
Nancy is making jewelry today. She's amazing. She's offered to teach me so I can make something for Ally. What color would you like Ally? I'm not sure there are any other jewelry wearers in the family. The guys are getting ready to do the usual and I'm going to sit at my office with a view and see what comes to mind. Now that's an exciting morning! No wonder Ron's blood pressure is so low out here.
No comments:
Post a Comment