Thursday, June 21, 2007

Chipmunk heaven!













Denver here:

Here I am in chipmunk heaven! I love this place, LaPine State Park on the Deschutes River near Sunriver, OR. So what if the banks are too steep for Dad to get down to the river easily. So what if the beautiful river runs deep and fast through here. So what if there are a few mosquitoes here that like my Mom. It’s all about me and I love this place. Mom doesn’t let me sit on the furniture to see out but if I say “Puleeze” really nicely she lets me be the lap dog that I am and I get to watch chipmunks through the window.

The scenery is not bad around here either. They took a drive to Paulina Lake and were thinking of moving up to the national forest there but it's just a little too far to commute back and forth to Sunriver to see our boy Scott playing golf. The scenery is beautiful up there, I'll agree, but they have bears there and here I have chipmunks. Duh! What kind of choice is that? I'm glad we're staying here. This is the best!

No comments: