Ron and I are starting to think we might come back to Oregon and hang out for the summer sometime - the Metolius River, the N. Umpqua River, Diamond Lake and who knows what’s to come. These are beautiful national forest campgrounds with fishing and trails and great sites. All this beauty for the high price of $6 a night here at Horseshoe Bend! It pays to be old sometimes. Makes for easy living and great sleeping with the sound of water constantly in the background. I wish I could bring a little of this 47% humidity back with us but then I'd have to figure a way to guarantee the 75 degree temps. too. A perfect combination. The vegetation here is wonderfully different. There is something that looks like bamboo but it is something the locals call swamp grass that will die out shortly. The ferns are huge. There is this one site in the campground that looks like a nest. I saw it yesterday and had to go back and take a photo. It’s a huge site back in there but I guess we wouldn’t be able to give up seeing the river from our travelsaks. Can’t you just hear the sound of the river?
Saturday, June 30, 2007
Horseshoe Bend campground, Umpqua Nat'l Forest
Ron and I are starting to think we might come back to Oregon and hang out for the summer sometime - the Metolius River, the N. Umpqua River, Diamond Lake and who knows what’s to come. These are beautiful national forest campgrounds with fishing and trails and great sites. All this beauty for the high price of $6 a night here at Horseshoe Bend! It pays to be old sometimes. Makes for easy living and great sleeping with the sound of water constantly in the background. I wish I could bring a little of this 47% humidity back with us but then I'd have to figure a way to guarantee the 75 degree temps. too. A perfect combination. The vegetation here is wonderfully different. There is something that looks like bamboo but it is something the locals call swamp grass that will die out shortly. The ferns are huge. There is this one site in the campground that looks like a nest. I saw it yesterday and had to go back and take a photo. It’s a huge site back in there but I guess we wouldn’t be able to give up seeing the river from our travelsaks. Can’t you just hear the sound of the river?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Dear Family of Origin:
What a load of you know what. I had planned on writing a warm, civil letter to you letting you know I'm leaving you, but then I saw your blog and it really ticked me off. The grass is always greener for you people. "The vegetation here is wonderfully different. The ferns are huge." Give me a break. Well, you won't have me to kick around anymore. My new family has given me a HUGE room--3 times the size I had at your home. They really love and appreciate me and I am THRIVING here. Hasta la vista, baby.
Big Beautiful Fern fka Fern Frisch.
Fern - where did you learn to talk like that? Talk about copping an attitude! Of course the grass is greener when you go to places where it rains. And... the ferns ARE huge! So, get over it! You are now Big Beautiful Fern Clark! Hasta la vista to you baby!
Your former family of origin
Post a Comment