Thursday, June 28, 2007

A room with a view!




06-27-07

Today we arrived at Diamond Lake National Forest campground near Crater Lake, OR. Sandy and Dave from Minnesota have joined us to travel for the next five weeks and they have never camped in a national forest campground until today. What a place. Mama likes a room with a view and what a view we have from here. Sitting here at the computer I see the sun setting behind Mt. Bailey and the moon starting to rise behind me. I hear the wonderful sound of the lake lapping at the shore. This is going to be a great night to sleep. The temperature is just right with a slight breeze. The night is “soft” if you know what I mean. I’m not sure we’ll ever be able to top these sites for beauty but we’ll just have to try. We’ve had a perfect day with time to picnic and soak up the beauty and an afternoon spent at Crater Lake National Park. As you can see by the photos, life on the road is good. especially when traveling with good friends!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous! What a beautiful view! How lucky you are! It's over 110 degrees most of this week. :-(

LazyDazeAZ said...

Lucky we are is right! Last night it drizzled all night yet it was a comfortable temp outside. Made for some great sleeping and now....here comes the sun!