Thursday, June 21, 2007

Family day in the park!









Whoever thought we'd all meet up in Sunriver, OR? We had a great day in the park hiking and having a picnic with our super friends (actually like family) Mary and Bill Clark and having Scott, Peg, and Ally join us for the picnic. Denver and Brea were so happy to see their other family, Mary and Bill. They just wondered why Hannah, their BFF, didn't come too. Many marshmallows were consumed and we shall not say by whom. Nothing like ooey, gooey marshmallows roasted over a fire. Yum!

JET here: She doesn't need to say who comsumed the marshmallows because you can tell by looking at them! It's a wonder they didn't all get sick! She should apologize for those picnic photos - not up to snuff. So what's the problem if the sun is shining off Scott's silver car. It's sun and that's a good thing here in OR.

6 comments:

Jim S said...

Wow, what a great blog you have going for this trip, Jane! Since you left we've been to Denver to visit the grandkids and brought Gracie, the youngest, back with us for a visit. I took her to the Wildlife World Zoo and then we made the trek over to California for a looooong day at Disneyland. Then to the cabin for some crawdad fishing before Gracie returned home. Finally I've had a chance to sit down and catch up on the blog. What wonderful pictures and commentary! I love clicking on the small pictures to get the great big version - especially the ones of the duck family.

Any time you have cool weather (which sounds like quite a bit of the time), be sure to appreciate it! It's been 110+ here, with heat advisories and extreme heat watches and warnings.

Say a big hello to the Clarks for us. And I think you'll be seeing the Bristols also? Somehow I missed the announcement on the mailbox bulletin board for the block party in Sunriver. Guess the TCA folks forgot to post it.

More later. I'll be doing a better job of keeping up with you from now on until mid-July when we leave on our trip.

--Jim--

LazyDazeAZ said...

Hi Jim -
I've been looking for you! Sounds like you've had some very busy times. Sorry you missed the block party here in Sunriver. You just can't count on the TCA and those announcements. We've had a great time with Scott, Peg, and Ally and Mary and Bill. Ron is at the course today and the Bristols are coming in too. I'm the dog sitter. We do appreciate the cool weather and I'm trying hard to appreciate the mosquitoes! It's not working. We're getting "itchy" to move on. Say "Hi" to Lynn and welcome back!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane,

I had to get caught up on the blog as well. I am amazed at the beautiful pictures and really enjoy looking at them. Denver is quite a ham!

We gave your cactii their first drink tonight. It is a bit short of a month, but the weather has been so horribly hot that we thought they'd appreciate a cool shower. Everything looks good except for one barrel cactus in the pot which is in the sun most of the time - it looks a bit sunburned. I gave that one an extra good drink. Your fish came out and to the top of the pond to visit with Jim while I was watering. We assume that maybe they are used to associating a person looking at them with a gift of food.

Continue to have a wonderful time and continue to keep your friends informed about your adventures.

Lynn

Marla said...

Hello Jane!
Love your pictures...and of course your commentary! I really enjoy stopping by for a visit and to see what parts of the country Mark and I may need to visit! You seem to pick only the best places! Continue to enjoy your time together in these awesome locations. Life is not passing you and Ron by, and THAT is a great thing. Marla

Marla said...

P.S. Sharon introduced me to the "infamous" Jim and his wife as they were busy watering your plants one day. It was fun to meet him after seeing his posts on your blog. Nice couple! Marla

Jim S said...

We enjoyed meeting Marla as well. I should clarify: Lynn did most of the plant watering, while I unwound and wound the hoses, turned the water faucets on and off, and sat on the bench watching the goldfish while Lynn was busy with the hose.