Thursday, June 07, 2007

Fasten your seatbelt!




You've gotta love a scenic drive like this. (You'll have to double click to see the road) After traveling through the ponderosa forests and some of the eastern edge of Hell's Canyon we went through Lewiston(ID)Clarkson(WA)and headed south on the Nez Perce trail toward Oregon's Wallowa Lake. Miles and miles of twists and turns and 20 mph. Luckily we had skipped a stop in Ely, NV so we were traveling a day ahead of schedule. The day after we traveled this trail was spent hunkered down at Wallowa Lake with a steady downpour all day. As much as I love this kind of road I don't think I would have liked to have driven it in the rain. Wallowa is a beautiful lake but not so much fun in the rain. It was a day to pull our travelsaks over our heads and sleep! ZZZZZZZZ

No comments: